Making your business or personal project known is a significant challenge in generating customers and developing your business. It is challenging to do without social networks in 2023… provided you know the best practices for communicating on these social networks! Because yes, having a communication strategy on social networks is essential:
- In e-commerce in 2021, 64% of customers purchased via social networks (this is social commerce);
- In B2B, 44% of companies find customers with LinkedIn;
- 90% of Instagram users follow brands.
What Communication Strategy On Social Networks?
For a good communication strategy on social networks, it is advisable to focus on one social network at a time. Don’t rush to the latest trendy social network, but:
- Determine where your target customers and audience are ;
- What type of content do they consume;
- Post engaging content regularly by following the news and highlighting your business.
The Five Steps To Creating An Effective Communication Strategy On Social Networks
To communicate well on social networks, follow these five essential steps.
Know Your Target Customer And Choose The Publishing Platform
The basis of your strategy for managing a company’s communication on social networks is to know who you are addressing. Besides, you have undoubtedly seen it in your market research and if your company already has customers. So, you need to know which social network your target customer uses:
- Ask your audience what content they view and their favorite social network;
- What content format do your customers like: video, text, photos, audio;
- Is your audience buying via social networks, or are they just having fun (This is essential to know when selling online )
Obviously, to communicate on the networks, determine the age range of your audience, its CSP, its average budget, etc. To go further, observe the brands and entrepreneurs your audience follows. This will give you an idea of what interests him especially, especially if you decide to launch your business on Instagram. The choice of a platform is not final. You can test your communication strategy on a network and change it if it does not perform sufficiently. In any case, communicating on social networks takes time!
How Do You Choose Your Social Network To Communicate?
Each platform has its specificity, but know that the principle remains generally the same: interact and spend time on the platform.
- LinkedIn is the professional social network par excellence for developing your network, interacting with prospects/customers and highlighting your expertise.
- Instagram is suitable for showcasing a strong and consistent visual identity. Meta’s social network works well with quality visuals and engaging content.
- Twitter (X.com) is the preferred platform for communicating quickly and having exchanges in real-time.
- TikTok is ideal for reaching a young audience with short and creative video content. It allows for very rapid potential virality.
- Pinterest is interesting for promoting products/services through attractive visual content. The network is focused on inspiration and discovery.
What Type Of Content Should You Post On Your Social Networks?
Direct prospecting, reputation of your company, creating a community, acquiring more followers or customers… An effective communication strategy must have a goal. Don’t start posting with a wet finger without determining the role of your content and what it should bring to the audience.
- Determine which content, from which platform, should achieve which objective.
- We are talking about clear KPIs; for example, a SaaS startup can publish content to show its expertise and authority, with the following KPI: qualify ten prospects per month for five pieces of content published per week.
To know what content to publish based on your social network, there are several techniques:
- Observe your most active competitors and their best content;
- Start from your value proposition, your mission and your brand universe to create a communication strategy that suits you and resonates with your audience;
- Adopt the codes of the social network.
Create A Social Media Posting Schedule
A good communication strategy on social networks requires planning your posts as precisely as possible. There are dozens of studies (often with different results) to know when to publish. Test several moments and optimize your editorial planning accordingly. The best times to post on social media would be:
- Facebook: morning or early afternoon from Wednesday to Sunday;
- Instagram: mainly in the morning during the week;
- Linkedin: Tuesday and Thursday morning and late afternoon.
These insights should be placed into point of view. A few organizations get more outstanding commitment by conveying at various times and days. Everything relies upon the propensities of your crowd. To make a robust distribution plan, plan your posts a little while ahead of time (or even a while) and make your substance ahead of time.
On the off chance that you make recordings, LinkedIn posts or even a business prospecting effort by email, plan an opportunity to create content, right or alter, then, at that point, embed your substance into your publication arranging (utilize Cushion for instance).
Pass on yourself more unconstrained space to make presents related to recent developments: Instagram stories, Shorts or LinkedIn posts. Contingent upon your financial plan, encircle yourself with a local area chief to assist you with imparting successfully on your interpersonal organizations.
Create Your Content For Social Networks
Regardless of the platform, your content must be engaging, entertaining and consistent with your brand image. Even if you must adapt your content strategy to the specificities of each platform (Twitter content is different from Instagram), nothing prevents you from reusing content on another platform (provided you respect the codes). Here are some ideas for publishing effective content :
- Focus on authenticity to communicate on social networks: adopt a human tone close to your target;
- Show the behind-the-scenes of your industry or business;
- Educate and raise awareness of your values;
- Show your products or customer cases for authority;
- Use UGC for social proof.
Many content creators recommend creating your social media content strategy based on your prospect’s situation:
- TOFU (top of the funnel): he knows his problem and is looking for content to find out about solutions (YouTube videos, blog articles or educational posts);
- MOFU (middle of the funnel): he hesitates between several solutions (expert content, case studies, calls to action);
- BOFU (bottom of the funnel): he is interested in your solution (calls to action towards an offer or an appointment, tutorial video, email campaign).
Post Effectively On Your Social Media
Communicating on social networks also means monitoring your statistics and optimizing your strategy. LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc., offer tools to track the performance of your content.
- Determine clear KPIs for each platform;
- Use your audience’s hashtags, keywords and search intentions;
- For each content: generate engagement, discussions and calls to action;
- Build audience loyalty through your content strategy.
Recall that conveying actually implies making content to satisfy your crowd… and the stage. In this way, engage, connect with and fabricate faithfulness. Use instruments like your business administrator, Opponent intelligence level, or Google Examination to follow the presentation of your virtual entertainment correspondence system.
At last, the purpose of conveying really on networks is to have the option to change a group of people into a client. In this way, work on your deals channel, your offers and your client process from your interpersonal organizations (which are just a passage to your items or administrations!).
Using Social Media To Advertise Online
These days, informal communities have become fundamental when you need to promote on the web. Stages like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn make it conceivable to reach a large number of clients every day. The upside of these stages for promoters is that Web clients are, as of now, recognized there. It is, along these lines, conceivable to utilize their information, like age, interests, proficient foundation, and so forth.
You can, like this, focus on your crowd finely and locate individuals who are genuinely liable to be keen on your items or administrations. Obviously, it is fundamental to examine the presentation to improve your technique. Virtual entertainment can convey excellent outcomes regarding brand mindfulness, traffic, leads or deals.
Read Also: Digital Expert, Why Use A Digital Bootcamp?