Would you like to create your website for yourself or your company? We’ll show you what options you have when creating and how it works. If you want to create your website or homepage yourself, you have various options in the first step.
- Homepage Builder: The simplest option is a homepage builder, like IONOS. With a website builder, you get an all-inclusive package, as designs, editor, hosting, your domain and support are usually managed directly by the provider.
- Content Management System: A second variant is a content management system ( CMS ), such as WordPress. You are completely free here as far as the structure and design of your website are concerned. However, you have to take care of your hosting, domain, and installation yourself.
- Program Your Website Yourself: You can also program your website yourself if you want complete freedom. However, programming skills are required here. Providers such as Codecademy can help you get started and take you step-by-step through creating your website.
Create Your Website: Creating A Website: What Should I Consider?
Before you start building your website, there are a few things you should consider to help you decide which of the options listed:
- Do you already have programming skills, or are you a beginner?
- How complex do you want your website to be?
- Should products or services be sold?
- What is your budget available for the website?
- What is the goal of the website? Do you want to earn money?
- Have you decided on a hoster?
- How is your domain structured?
Depending on your answers to these questions, you should choose one of the options. For example, if you are a beginner and want to create a simple company website without an online shop, a website builder can be an option for you.
Creating A Website: Website Builder Vs WordPress
So for most of them, the question arises: Homepage builder or WordPress? As already mentioned, the decision is directly related to individual needs.
Homepage Builder: Advantages And Disadvantages
Homepage construction kits offer strong advantages, especially for beginners: Users do not need any previous knowledge of programming and code. They can choose the right one for their website from various designs and directly choose a bundle of the homepage construction kit, domain and hosting.
However, users are bound to the provider’s design templates and functionality despite the options. Therefore, a completely individual website with functions that are specially tailored to a product or the company is not feasible.
WordPress: Pros And Cons
It is precisely this lack of flexibility that users find with WordPress. The design and features can be changed with WordPress in a much more targeted way than will ever be possible in a website builder.
Various editors are available to you in the system for this purpose. In addition, you can install different plugins that have a different purpose (e.g. to expand your website into an online shop).
This great flexibility also means that you have to invest more time to create your website. Basic knowledge of creating a website is also an advantage. You also have to take care of the hosting and your domain yourself.
Creating A Website: 5 Pieces Of Helpful Information
Building your website or homepage can be a bit of a challenge, especially for beginners. That’s why we’ve put together five pieces of helpful information to help you get started and give you a selection of different providers.
What Website Builder Software Is There?
Once you have decided on a website builder, a wide range of providers can provide you with this software. Here is a small selection of providers:
How Do I Create A Homepage With A CMS?
As already mentioned, a CMS is a software that allows users to create and manage content on their website in a completely flexible manner without any programming knowledge. The content and page templates are stored in a database and brought together.
A CMS is always self-hosted, which means that users have to independently take care of a webspace. There are a few providers you can choose between. Here is a small selection of providers:
How Do I Create A Website For Free?
Another way to create a website is to use free third-party hosted providers. So you can create your website for free, but you are limited to the design and functions of the provider. In addition, you do not have your domain (the provider’s name is always included in the domain), and advertisements from the provider are often displayed on your website.
This variant is free but not an option for a professional website. With these providers, you can create your website for free. Here is a small selection of providers:
How Much Does Your Homepage Cost?
When creating your homepage or website with a CMS like WordPress, you have to pay between 40 and 170 euros. The monthly costs start from an amount of five euros.
What Does It Cost To Have A Professional Website Created?
If you want to save yourself all the hassle of creating a website, whether with a website builder or a CMS, you can also have a professional website built for you.
The usual prices for websites made by a professional are approximately between 400 euros and 10,000 euros. How much you have to pay depends on the effort. Because: the more complex, the more work and more expensive it is to have a website created.
ALSO READ: Three New Features From Google I/O 2021 That You Should Know About