Do you know all the secrets of your iPhone? Delivered without instructions, Apple smartphones can be secretive, and unlocking all their mysteries often requires research. Today, we invite you to discover a “hidden” function that allows you to take photos with the help of Siri. Immortalizing the most beautiful moments is not always easy, especially when you are alone or need your hands to hold something other than your iPhone.
Fortunately, iOS offers a secret function and several tricks that allow you to tell Siri to take photos. Once you learn these tips, you can take snaps with the sound of your voice, even when your phone is locked. We will show you how to perform this magic trick.
How To Open iPhone Camera With Siri
Previously, it was possible to ask Siri to take photos, open specific camera modes, and even choose whether you wanted to use your iPhone’s front or back camera. But now, things have changed if you have iOS 16 or later. The possibilities offered by Siri are now limited to opening the Camera application. It is no longer possible to ask him to take a snapshot, but we will see a little later in this guide how to work around these limitations. For now, we explain how to open the Camera application with Siri:
- Activate Siri by saying ” Hey Siri ” or by pressing and holding the Home button or the side button, depending on your iPhone model.
- When Siri is activated, say, ” Open the camera. ” Your iPhone’s back camera will then open.
- It’s a simple way to get ready to take a photo, but you’ll still have to use your fingers to press the shutter button or change the format. If you want to automate taking a photo, you will have to perform a few tricks that we will reveal to the most curious.
How To Ask Siri To Take A Photo
If you want to unlock the full power of Siri to take photos using almost only your voice, you’ll need to use the Shortcuts app. Because even if Siri has been deprived of many functions related to the Camera application, I know that it is rather easy to recreate them. Thanks to the Shortcuts application, you can again take a photo or start a video recording by simple voice command. To do this :
- Open your iPhone’s Shortcuts app and go to the Gallery tab at the bottom right of your screen.
- In the search bar, search for the ” Say Cheese ” shortcut.
- Select the ” Say Cheese ” shortcut.
- Tap ” Add Easy route ” to coordinate ” Say Cheddar ” into your Siri orders.
- If you want to customize this shortcut to trigger with the phrase of your choice, tap the three dots on the shortcut.
- For example, we have opted for the word ” marmoset, “but you can choose what suits you best.
- To ask Siri to take a picture for you, say the phrase ” Hey Siri, Marmoset ” clearly.
- Siri will then take a photo with the iPhone’s rear camera and save it to the Recents album, but you can change these options by tapping on the three dots on the “Husititi” shortcut if you wish.
- Right after taking your first snap using the ” Marmoset ” shortcut, a notification with a thumbnail of the captured photo will appear. Select ” Always Allow ” to have photos taken using the ” Marmoset ” shortcut, always saved to your iPhone.
Now all you have to do is say, ” Hey Siri, marmoset, ” to let Siri take the picture for you. A real little magic trick of which you now know the secret!