Why Use Monday.com?
Project administrators have many errands consistently, so picking the right group joint effort programming is a significant choice. monday.com is an adaptable and intuitive working framework that makes joint effort simple. A cooperation instrument is vital for associations hoping to support significant efficiency.
Bright perceptions assist you with portraying projects from beginning to end and tracking cooperation in one communal work area. Strong computerization decreases time spent in tedious undertakings and empowers groups to work all the more gainfully. Likewise, groups work all the more real because of the correspondence region.
Project administrators can utilize these instruments to enable their groups and accomplish project results. Assuming you’re searching for a group of the programming executives that incorporates every one of the fundamental elements depicted here, and that’s just the beginning, attempt monday.com for nothing.
Must-Have Features For An Ideal Team Management Software
Choosing a project management software solution is a complex and immediate thing. To make the right choice, it is advisable to consider some essential characteristics:
- Ease of Use Customizable templates, tabs and workflows
- Project planning
- Real-time collaboration features (chat, notifications, etc.)
- Resource management tools
- Project budget management
- Multiple project views to see the teamwork from different angles
- Time tracking
- Integrated reporting
- Third-party integrations with your apps and tools
- Native mobile app for working remotely and on the go
- Automation of work, tasks and notifications
- High-level security
Let’s see these features in detail.
Ease Of Use
In a perfect world, your team would quickly adopt the collaboration software of your choice. However, things are sometimes complicated, and change is hard. The software should make the team’s job easier, not harder. Choose a solution with an intuitive interface your team can start working with immediately.
Good collaboration software should offer the flexibility your team needs to manage projects, allowing you to customize your workspace with minimal effort. On monday.com, work is organized into shared whiteboards and workspaces that let you manage everything in one place.
Think of a virtual whiteboard that you can use to plan and track your next project. Every aspect of the whiteboard is fully customizable. You can further extend the functionality of the project card by adding new columns. Here’s an example project whiteboard on monday.com: Here are some columns that you can add to the board.
- People – Assign tasks to team members.
- Text – Add any text, such as meeting notes and comments.
- Date: set due dates and add reminders.
- Timeline: View the start and end dates of individual tasks.
- Numbers: Track budgets, ongoing expenses, and more.
- File: attach files to individual card items.
Columns offer a quick and easy way to customize your workspace. You can set permissions to maintain transparency and ensure that only the right people can change your data.
Project planning is about defining exactly what needs to be done to complete a project successfully. It includes assigning tasks to the team and setting each activity’s start and finish dates. An essential feature of team management software is the ability to add and assign tasks easily.
It should also make defining due dates and priorities for individual tasks easier. monday.com lets you set up color-coded labels that help you quickly identify high-priority tasks so you and your team know exactly what to focus on. It also allows you to create Gantt charts for scheduling tasks. Here’s an example Gantt chart at monday.com:
Remote work is constantly on the rise. It must enable teams to communicate important information and clarify critical details quickly. With monday.com, remote teams can communicate within the board to keep everyone engaged and reduce unnecessary meetings. Here’s an example of what the communication screen looks like on monday.com:
Resource management (e.g. employees, equipment, time, etc.) is critical to completing a project and ensuring timeliness. Choose team management software that allows you to plan and allocate resources according to capacity, avoiding overloads. The monday.com workload view lets you see at a glance who is overcapacity or under capacity:
The project budget contains the estimated costs to complete a project. Includes operating costs, labor costs, equipment costs, and more. Choose team management software that gives you a clear picture of your budget, making it easy to update in real-time. The Numbers column on monday.com offers an easy way to track expenses and calculate total costs for a project.
Every person has their preferred style of work. Choosing collaboration software that your team can tailor to their preferences is essential. Some of the project views to look for are:
- Gantt charts – A Gantt chart or timeline view displays individual tasks’ start and finish dates.
- Kanban Boards – A Kanboard board uses columns and boards to manage tasks and workflows.
- Calendar Views – A calendar view provides an easy way to view upcoming tasks for the current day, week, or month.
monday.com allows your team to switch between project views and view their work in the format that best suits their needs. Team members can also use split views with their preferred layout at the top of the screen and a table view at the bottom. Project boards at monday.com give you a high-level view of everything you and your team are working on.
Time tracking is key to managing project delivery and providing transparency into how the team spends their time. Effective time tracking allows you to:
- Create accurate estimates
- Plan and manage resources
- Plug the productivity gaps
- Bill customers more accurately
- Understand the capacity of the team
Project reports aren’t exactly glamorous. However, they must understand how the team is progressing with their activities and communicate updates to stakeholders. They also help the team leader monitor project timelines and determine if plans need to be adjusted or if additional resources are allocated. Look for collaboration software that includes advanced card filters to find the information you need quickly.
Work is increasingly spread across different platforms – you might have Dropbox to share files, Salesforce to track your sales pipeline, and Zendesk to handle customer tickets (PS monday.com can do all these things in one place ). However, teams must keep switching between applications when things are deployed.
The team management software you choose should connect seamlessly with your existing tools. This way, everything is brought together, and the team can work more productively. With monday.com integrations, you can easily integrate the most popular platforms on the market directly into the main board.
Intuitive Mobile Application
Choose collaboration software with an intuitive mobile application. Your team can share updates or view the day’s tasks from anywhere. monday.com offers mobile applications for iOS and Android devices.
The collaboration software you choose should include built-in automation that is easy to set up and customize. The monday.com automation allows you to automate tasks using an event, such as an item’s status change, which triggers an action (sending a notification). You can create them without coding or choose a predefined workflow from the Automation Center.
The automation in monday.com also works with integrations. For example, you can automatically convert Gmail emails into a board item. The integrations also work reverse, where you can have action items on a tab and send emails to specific users when their status changes.
- Administrator control: The collaboration software you choose must allow you to set account permissions for individual users, including what they can and cannot access. This ensures that users don’t have free access.
- Network security: Look for software solutions that implement security measures to keep your data safe. These include encrypting data to and from the platform, performing regular security tests and complying with international security standards.
- Data protection: Team management software should regularly back up data to secure servers to protect data from loss.
monday.com adheres to stringent security standards, including the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) for information security management.